Channel and Harbour Deepening Port of Yuzhiny
- Country: Ukraine
- Mode: Maritime
- Investment Volume: USD 354 million
- Project status: Priority
Applicant, Sponsor, Beneficiary, Promoter
State Enterprise “Sea Trade Port of “Yuzhny”
At the territory of SE “ Sea Trade Port of “Yuzhny”, on access link to the TRACECA route
Deepening of the channels and some berths to the potential depth of 19 m.
Approach channel length would be increased to 5.95km and the width to 235m. The inner channel would grow to 4.75km and 230m.
The project consists of:
- Deepening and widening the harbour approach channel, which will result in an increase in the length.
- Deepening the inner harbor channel, which may also require an increase in the width.
- Upgrading the vessel turning areas by increasing the depth and width/diameter.
- Increasing the depth at selected berths, which may also require the adjacent quay structure to be strengthened.
Economic Description / Assessment
The project indirectly:
- Creates 1.2 thousand workplaces .
- Increases the port’s input to the state and local budget by 3 times.
- Increases the volume of port charges.
- Improves the regional investment climate.
Source of Repayment
Fax: +380 (48) 750-78-88